Shopify store is a straightforward procedure that can be completed in just a few steps. This step-by-step guide will walk you through how to add FedEx to your Shopify store.
What is FedEx?FedEx Corporation is a global logistics and carrier service company headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. It is one of the world’s most recognized and largest shipping companies, with operations in more than 220 countries and territories. Since it was founded in 1971, FedEx has established its reputation with its reliable and efficient delivery network, advanced technology, and commitment to customer service.
Are you eligible to activate calculated shipping with FedEx?To be qualified for FedEx’s calculated shipping, you need
- Your own FedEx account.
- Advanced Shopify or Plus plan
Step 1: Register for a FedEx account.The first step to adding FedEx shipping to your Shopify store is to sign up for a FedEx account. You can do this by these simple steps:
- Visit the FedEx website
- Click the “Sign Up” button
Step 2: Obtain FedEx credentials.Once you have a FedEx account, you must obtain your FedEx API credentials. To do this, log in to your FedEx account and navigate to the Developer Resource Center. You may also receive this information in your email, which you’ll need to integrate FedEx shipping into your Shopify store:
- Production meter number
- Authentication Key
- Production Password
- Account number
Step 3: Install the FedEx app on your Shopify store.After creating your FedEx account and obtaining your credentials, the next step is to install the FedEx app on your Shopify store. Here’s how to do this:
- First, log in to your Shopify app store account and navigate to the “Apps” section.
- Next, search for the “FedEx” app and click “Add app” to install it.
- Once the app is installed, enter your FedEx account number and other shipping information to complete the integration.
Step 4: Configure your FedEx account settings.Before integrating FedEx shipping into your Shopify store, you must configure your FedEx account settings. To do this, navigate to the app’s settings page. First, you must enter your FedEx API credentials obtained in step 2. You’ll also need to choose your shipping options and other settings. This includes setting up your shipping preferences, such as package dimensions and weight, and billing and payment information. Once your account is set up and configured, you’ll be ready to install the FedEx app and start offering FedEx shipping to your customers.
Step 5: Set up shipping rates and options.After integrating FedEx shipping into your Shopify store, you must set up shipping rates and options. This includes determining the shipping zones you want to offer, the shipping methods available, and the rates for each option. You can also set up shipping rules, such as free shipping for orders over a specific amount or discounted rates for specific products.
- Go to the “Shipping” section of your Shopify store.
- Create shipping rates for FedEx.
- You can charge your customers the exact shipping cost, or you can add a markup to the rates.
- Test your shipping options to ensure they work correctly before launching your store.
Step 6: Test your FedEx shipping integration.Once you have integrated FedEx shipping into your Shopify store and set up your shipping rates and options, test everything to ensure it’s working correctly. It is a good idea to try the integration to ensure it works correctly before you start using FedEx for live orders to avoid errors and complaints. This includes testing different shipping methods, rates, and rules to ensure they are accurately reflected in the checkout process. You can also try the shipping process by placing test Shopify orders and tracking their delivery to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Create a test order in your Shopify store.
- Choose FedEx as the shipping option.
- Ensure the shipping rates are calculated correctly, and the tracking information is accurate.
Step 7: Go live!Once you’re confident that the integration is working correctly, you can start using FedEx for live orders. First, just make sure you have enough funds in your FedEx account to cover the shipping cost. That’s it! With these steps, you can integrate FedEx with your Shopify store and start offering shipping options to your customers. If you want a step-by-step visual guide, here’s a helpful video from PluginHive. [embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MMlV0WGP8s[/embed]
Why do I need to connect my Shopify Store to a FedEx account?You must link your Shopify store to a FedEx account to offer your customers FedEx shipping services. By integrating your store with FedEx, you can access their shipping services and rates and provide your customers with reliable and efficient shipping options. Without a FedEx account, you would have to rely on other shipping providers or manually calculate shipping costs, which can be time-consuming and inefficient. By connecting your Shopify store to a FedEx account, you can streamline your shipping process and offer your customers a range of shipping options. This can help improve your customer satisfaction and increase sales by providing a convenient and reliable shipping experience. It’s important to note that there’s a separate step in integrating FedEx freight with Shopify.
Benefits of Adding FedEx to ShopifyIntegrating FedEx into your Shopify store does provide several benefits, including:
- Seamless order fulfillment. Integrating FedEx with your Shopify store lets Shopify merchants automate their shipping process and easily manage orders from a single platform.
- Accurate shipping rates. FedEx offers real-time shipping rates, which means your customers can see exact shipping costs at checkout based on the weight, size, and destination of their order.
- Wide range of shipping options. FedEx provides a wide range of shipping options, allowing you to accommodate a broader customer base and meet their specific shipping needs. FedEx’s popular shipping services: – Express shipping – Ground shipping – International shipping – Freight shipping – Flat-rate shipping – Same-day Delivery
- Shipment tracking. With FedEx integration, you can easily track your shipments, ensuring timely delivery and providing your customers with real-time updates on their order status.
- Improved customer experience. Providing accurate shipping rates and timely delivery can improve your customers’ overall shopping experience and increase customer loyalty.
- Time and cost savings. By automating the shipping process and eliminating the need for manual data entry, you can save time and reduce the risk of errors. Additionally, FedEx offers competitive shipping rates, which can help you save on shipping costs.